Thursday, August 20, 2009

DETAILED MAPS: NORTH AMERICA (#1)

Back to the beginning... the first phase of the journey will travel from the east coast of North America to the west coast, crossing 11 states and one Canadian province (British Columbia). As mentioned before, I will be stopping in Chicago to check in with Blindsided Books, and hopefully some sort of book launching event in an independent bookstore. More on that later.

Click for a larger view

I am also going to be stopping in Seattle after two nights on the "Empire Builder" train from Chicago. This weekend I will meet my host, who I found through Couchsurfing.org and will actually be my guest here in NYC. I am looking forward to that, as well as a couple more days in the Emerald City.

As you can see, borders will not be a big part of the first few weeks, with only a simple United States to Canada crossing on land, and maybe some customs formalities on the cargo ship before leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment