Sunday, May 24, 2009

TURKMENISTAN IS TELLING ME NO

Originally I was thinking this trip would combine another old wish of mine into its route, traveling west in China to Kashgar and into Central Asia via Kyrgyzstan. Afterwards through Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan and traversing the Caspian Sea to Azerbaijan and continuing west towards Europe via Turkey.

Unfortunately Turkmenistan has basically made me edit my westward route up into Russia because it seems that without a dedicated trip to Central Asia and a lot of advance planning, including invitations and such, I would probably be turned back at the border. This would obviously create problems both in time and money, both of which I am not willing to risk in such vast amounts, which this detour would create.


I think I will have to relegate this Central Asia trip to another time, visiting the other "stan" countries and western China together in one trip. Hey, maybe that will be the second book...?

No comments:

Post a Comment