Monday, June 15, 2009

CHANGE OF PLANS/HEART!

More on this to come, but a slight overhaul has been done today to the cross-country train journey. Scratch the ticket on the California Zephyr in favor of the more northerly Empire Builder, a train that from Chicago goes northwest to Minnesota and then follows a line west to Seattle, skirting the Canadian border and Glacier National Park in Montana.

This gives me about 30 hours less on a train, and two happy days and nights to spend in Seattle. I figure the faster I get close to Vancouver the better as well, as I don't want to receive a call at the last minute saying they are leaving a day further ahead of schedule or something similarly disheartening. I will be aboard that boat!


The scenery should be just as good in the north, as Glacier NP is probably my favorite in the country, and all the land from Montana to the west should be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment