Thursday, May 21, 2009

BOOK LIST

I've had a "wish list" put together in Amazon.com for a while now with a bunch of the reading material I want to get through either before or during my trip. I have been able to start putting the money towards some of the books that are not available in Kindle format (more on that later), and trips to Idlewild Books and boxes from Amazon have started to happen.

I've added a new list to the right of this page not only for myself to organize my thoughts and progress, but to share some of the things that are going through my brain. Since I am able to concentrate almost full-time on this research, that means I get to read a lot more. Yes, I like my new job.



Some of the books are about general concepts like nationalism while some are very specific topics like a country or certain type of people. I'm trying to get as much in my head about the things I will come across before I am there, obviously to aid me when I am talking with people, asking the right questions, etc. I would be very happy if my friends and strangers alike will propose more books to me about their countries and cultures that they deem essential reading.

So check out the "Book List" on the right column at the bottom. They are all clickable if you want to see more about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment