Thursday, May 14, 2009

I AM NOT A LEPER

The first visa I will need, and possibly the most bureaucratic of any embassy's requirements prior to my trip is without a doubt China.



I have never been to China yet, but when I visited Taiwan they only asked me a question or two upon arrival and seemed to be glad to let me come. China has some different things on their mind apparently:



My favorite question had to do with what sort of trouble I could be bringing with me. I wonder what type of person in their right mind would answer yes to this question. Thankfully, I am not a leper.

4 comments:

  1. When you fly to the US they ask you if you're a terrorist. I wonder if anyone has ever answered "yes"... Or if you're smuggling livestock. That's a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they also ask for your chest X-ray (among others). And.. it can only be done by doctors chosen by the US consulate. So, as a white male US citizen, no need to complain when you travel when you deal with bureaucracy. you will be fine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I have my Chinese visa now!! If they let me into China it must be no problem for you :P

    ReplyDelete