Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A BUMP IN THE ROAD

When I woke up Monday morning my laptop did not turn on. This computer has most of my research notes and information, and I've spent the last two days first diagnosing the problem and then deciding what to do about it. It's also been a time of no productivity through the simple sense of defeat this has caused in me.

So I'm back to the grind today, and will get the hard drive extracted as soon as I can.

The first of many setbacks I assume, but I'd rather have "real world" ones. 15 months after purchase a motherboard fries itself. Nice.

Yes, I should have been constantly copying the files somewhere else and/or emailing it to myself to save progress. I know.

1 comment:

  1. I hate when that happens! ...and it seems like you never lose old holiday pics or randomly downloaded word docs...always important stuff.

    The message is: back up, back up, back up.

    Am sure you have lots of geeky friends and will be fine. ;-)

    Keep up the good work.


    :D

    ReplyDelete