Wednesday, July 15, 2009

FOCUS ON ASIA

I realize a lot (read: most) of my posts to this point have focused on Asian countries and territories to this point. It's simply because I am doing all my research in the direction of my travels. I don't expect to be done by the time I leave, so it is obviously more imperative for me to know what I am getting myself into in the first locations I arrive. I will have plenty of down time, and the facilities to do research along the way. I fully expect to be working ahead on ideas and routes through Africa while I am resting up on train rides or in hotel rooms in Asia.

I'll keep posting my thoughts along the way, as well as photos and tidbits of what I am coming across and the progress that is being made. This blog has already helped me a great deal in making me question my initial thoughts and ideas, so I fully want to keep taking advantage of that during the trip as well. Even if no one was watching I would still do this for myself, to keep the pressure and skepticism on my own preconceptions. Please feel free to question my thoughts here too, as any challenge of good nature will only strengthen the final product that I will eventually write when a book comes out of all of this.

But, if you are already tired of Asia, I promise you there is a change of scenery soon coming...

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: